Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    3 Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    202
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Not receiving Windows Secrets newsletter notifications

    I have been a Windows Secrets subscriber for years. My current subscription doesn't expire until August 2018.

    Since early August, I have not been receiving Email notifications when a new issue is available. Before that date, I always got a notification for every issue.

    I have checked all my settings, such as email address, etc. Nothing has changed and everything is fine.

    On October 18, following the 'Contact Us' instructions on the Newsletter site, I sent an Email to: customersupport@penton.com, and a CC: to editor@windowssecrets.com, describing my problem.

    I have never received a response.

    This is very frustrating. Does anyone have any idea on what this problem might be, or how I get anyone associated with the Newsletter to respond?


    Harry

  2. #2
    WS Lounge VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    9,268
    Thanks
    68
    Thanked 1,148 Times in 1,071 Posts
    Join the club.

    cheers, Paul

  3. #3
    Administrator Rick Corbett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    South Glos., UK
    Posts
    3,813
    Thanks
    155
    Thanked 988 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hmw
    I have never received a response.

    This is very frustrating. Does anyone have any idea on what this problem might be, or how I get anyone associated with the Newsletter to respond?
    I'm sorry to hear that, Harry. Apart from those two email addresses that you've already used, I don't know of another way to contact anybody about the newsletter - either on the subscription side (customersupport@penton.com) or editorial side (editor@windowssecrets.com).

    I'm not sure (and I have no evidence to back any suspicion) but - with recent changes to the newsletter's editorial team and in the back-end forum admin support to these forums - it feels to me that the effects of the Informa takeover of Penton in November 2016 may finally have rippled down to the newsletter and these forums.

  4. #4
    WS Lounge VIP access-mdb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Oxfordshire, UK
    Posts
    2,144
    Thanks
    177
    Thanked 205 Times in 197 Posts
    Perhaps contacting Informa themselves
    If I save the whales where do I keep them?

  5. #5
    3 Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    202
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Thanks for the help, suggestions, and shared frustrations.

    I contacted Informa today. I'll post any reply (or lack thereof) that I get.


    Harry

  6. #6
    New Lounger
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Did you get a reply Harry?



    Quote Originally Posted by hmw View Post
    Thanks for the help, suggestions, and shared frustrations.

    I contacted Informa today. I'll post any reply (or lack thereof) that I get.


    Harry
    Last edited by satrow; 2018-01-03 at 10:01. Reason: fix quote

  7. #7
    3 Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    202
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Sorry for not posting sooner. Yes, I got a reply a few days later from Penton Customer Support (never heard from the Editor). She said she would check on it, and a few days later notifications started again. After a couple of weeks, they stopped. So I waited a couple more weeks, and contacted her again. Never heard back, but the notifications started again. I have no idea what the problem was, or why they stopped again and then restarted.

    Harry
    Last edited by hmw; 2018-01-07 at 16:55. Reason: typo

  8. #8
    Administrator Rick Corbett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    South Glos., UK
    Posts
    3,813
    Thanks
    155
    Thanked 988 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hmw
    Yes, I got a reply a few days later from Penton Customer Support (never heard from the Editor). She said she would check on it, and a few days later notifications started again. After a couple of weeks, they stopped. So I waited a couple more weeks, and contacted her again. Never heard back, but the notifications started again. I have no idea what the problem was, or why they stopped again and then restarted.

    Harry
    Thank you for posting back and letting us know that Penton Customer Support was able to help.

  9. #9
    Silver Lounger lumpy95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Mojave Desert CA
    Posts
    2,431
    Thanks
    360
    Thanked 269 Times in 221 Posts
    I understand Harry's frustration, my notifications for subscribed threads are hit and miss, at least for the last 2 weeks.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •