Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Firefox 57 ...

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I agree with some of the above posts. FF 57 is a big disappointment, and I have reverted to 56.0.2. I have always liked and used Firefox, and am not about to give it up, but 57 to me is over the top.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CEScott View Post
    I've been reading about FF updating itself to the entirely new version 57 without the owner/user knowing it had happened. I don't understand how this is possible since every update I've ever done has brought up the UAC for my approval before making any changes. Are people turning off their UAC? If so, this is a bad time to do so.
    You can set FF to auto update in the background, bypassing the UAC. However, if you want to stay at 56, tell FF not to update; and then if it's already at 57, uninstall it and then install 56. It will remember your settings and won't attempt the update again.

But I'm afraid that you won't get FF security patches if you do that; that's the only caveat.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes I know and that's a very important caveat. I have to make the choice between my nice looking, comfortable old jeans or the new, kevlar lined Punk-Grunge Rocker pants.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CEScott View Post
    Yes I know and that's a very important caveat. I have to make the choice between my nice looking, comfortable old jeans or the new, kevlar lined Punk-Grunge Rocker pants.
    Sorry, I thought we were talking about Firefox.....
    Eliminate spare time: start programming PowerShell

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    You may have noticed that most of the "new and improved" software (now including Firefox) for some reason, probably to keep the 20 somethings and younger happy, has to come with a new look. I'm just one of those people who gets comfortable with something and doesn't appreciate when it gets all doodled up with this childishness (IMO) and also rearranged to add to my already nerve racking computer experiences.

Just improve the product if it really needs it, and if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hear Hear!

My thoughts exactly.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Since the new Firefox came out, I have made it my default browser again, having switched to Chrome for a year or so.
    I am really pleased with it, significantly faster than previous iterations, although I disagree that it uses less memory than Chrome. My observation is that it uses more, but I have plenty to go round.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12