2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Where was thread moved to?

As an infrequent Secrets user, I had to search through the list of forums to find a forum that was to be
    used for a question I had about Microsoft Excel. I picked the best possible forum I found.
    When I came back the next morning (today), I found the posting in that forum that my
    thread had been moved. Okay. Clicked on the link and was taken to the new forum.
    HOWEVER, there was no information at the top of that forum to indicate which forum
    my thread had been moved to. After trying to find what forum I was in, in various ways,
    I decided to do a search process by using words in my thread's title.

Long story short, I then was able to see what forum I was in because the search process
    took me to it. Okay. Go back to the home page to look down the list of titles of the various
    established forums. What? The forum my thread was moved to does not show up in the list
    of the established forums. What gives? (The hidden forum: Spreadsheets). I guess if I want
    to go back to that forum I will need to use the search process. Is that correct?

flavet

Thanks
    It doesn't seem hidden to me...

Spreadsheets.png
    BATcher

Mission: identify what we do best and find more ways of doing less of it better

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BATcher For This Useful Post:

flavet (2017-12-03)

Thanks
    The Spreadsheets forum is not hidden. It appears, with other forums, under the general heading Office Applications.

You haven't mentioned the title of your thread so it's difficult to advise further except to suggest you click on your user name in the forum then, in your profile, click on the link to Find latest started threads (or Find latest posts above):

flavet.png

Once you've found the thread you are referring to, you can always use your browser's 'bookmark' or 'favorite' feature to mark it for quick return.

Hope this helps...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rick Corbett For This Useful Post:

flavet (2017-12-03)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    BATcher: I now see that the "spreadsheets" forum appears in the "Office Applications" group,
    which in turn is closed down to a single line at the top of the other forums. Besides, I
    don't think I would have considered Excel threads to be an office application even if I had
    noticed that line. Oh well, all's well that ends well, right?

Rick: since I very infrequently use the Secrets forums, I overlook the obvious shortcuts.
    Again, all's well that ends well.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    The link you clicked will remain there for a month, and the resulting page shows at the top where it's been moved to:

MovedToPath.PNG

You don't consider Excel to be an Office application? You've previously posted Excel questions in the correct Office/Spreadsheets forum.

Thanks
    Flavet, you seem to have discovered something I have never seen. On the forums page, on the right hand edge of each forum there's an arrow. Pressing this opens or collapses that forum. I assume that's what you have done.

Now someone's gonna tell me it was obvious......
    Donít play stupid with me! Iím better at it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to access-mdb For This Useful Post:

Rick Corbett (2017-12-03)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by access-mdb View Post
    Flavet, you seem to have discovered something I have never seen. On the forums page, on the right hand edge of each forum there's an arrow. Pressing this opens or collapses that forum. I assume that's what you have done.

Now someone's gonna tell me it was obvious......
    Never, ever noticed that 'forum collapser' before... thank you.

Thanks
    "...I don't think I would have considered Excel threads to be an office application..."
    Excel is very much a part of Office
    "Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee." Ben Franklin revisited.
    http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forum...-Technologies/
    Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (sevenforums)
    Clone or Image often! Backup, backup, backup, backup... -- RockE (Windows Secrets Lounge)