Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Reminder for “xxxx” will not appear because the item is in a folder that doesn’t support reminder..

I just archived my 2017 emails into an archive file as I do each year without incident. I just realized that my calendar is no longer syncing with my iPhone. The calendars match up until yesterday. If I add an appointment on either Outlook 2016 or my iPhone, it no longer appears in the other location. The selected calendar under "My Calendars" is still Calendar - iCloud as it as always been.

I also get an error I’ve never seen before:

“The reminder for “xxxx” will not appear because the item is in a folder that doesn’t support reminders. Is this ok?" If I add the appt anyway, it doesn't appear on this calendar that I see in Outlook. It's going somewhere else.

I have no idea what this error means nor why the iCloud snyc is failing. Any help would be appreciated.

I just updated office to the current version using OFFCAT.

I have Win10, Office 2016.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    One suggestion I found on the web is this:

Close Outlook.
    Open the iCloud applet, either in the Notification area or Control panel and sign out.
    Sign back in.

But, if I try to log out of iCloud, the message reads

“If you turn off iCloud Drive, all documents in iCloud will be deleted from this PC.”

This seems pretty dire. I'm not sure what this will do to my email (this link is working fine) and contacts (which is also fine).

Thoughts?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello? Anyone got any ideas here?

Thanks
    I don't run iCloud in my Outlook, but I've worked on it for others. I am talking about iCloud in Outlook tho, not iCloud drive, which I've never had experience with.

Yes, while that message sounds dire, I've never found it to be a problem for the iCloud for Outlook. It will remove the iCloud content from your computer, but when you reconnect to iCloud it will put it back on.

I'd suggest backing up both your Outlook file(s) and the iCloud Drive folder before doing any troubleshooting work.

I've found iCloud for Outlook, also called iCloud Control Panel, to be rather troublesome. When it gives problems, I can usually solve them by uninstalling iCloud for Outlook, and reinstalling it. (they have an option to repair iCloud, but I've never had it work so I no longer use it.) I don't see how the iCloud drive folder you mentioned would be related to calendar sync issues, but not sure.

I usually also run the Outlook repair tool. You can find directions by searching the web.
    Last edited by Vincenzo; 2018-01-11 at 14:47.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    WSC3 - you can do as you outline, and the warning about documents being deleted is actually a bit overdone. Backup if you're worried.

If restarting via the iCloud control panel doesn't get you back in sync, there is a more nuclear option. You will find in Outlook (2010 is my experience) that the iCloud data resides in a folder named C:\Users\<user-name>\AppData\Local\<long string of letters and figures>.aplzod. When all else has failed me, I have renamed this folder (for example, try aplzog), and then rebuilt the store of iCloud data, using iCloud control panel. If that works, good, and you can delete the aplzog folder; if it doesn't you can always rename and go back to aplzod, and you haven't lost anything.

The iCloud integration is great when it works, but a bit of a pain when it doesn't. And it doesn't tell when it's gone walkabout.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    JohnFleming: The .aplzod folder deletes when you sign out of iCloud, so that is automatic. It sounded like such a great idea.

Vincenzo: I ran the Outlook repair tool on all 5 pst files; all needed repairs, but didn't fixed my problems.

If i uninstall iCloud, i assume that the sequence of events is:

1. Exit Outlook
    2. Sign off of iCloud
    3. Uninstall in Add/remove programs
    4. go to C:\ProgramData\Apple\Installer Cache\iCloud Control Panel 7.2.0.67 and rerun the file "SetUpAdmin.exe" which i'm assuming runs the iCloud64.msi, which is the only other file in this folder.
    5. Sign back onto iCloud.
    6. Start and test Outlook.

When I signed back onto iCloud, i selected to choose what to reload. One option was a "Calendar (from Trash) 1 Event". what is that?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Ok. I did the above steps, booting after uninstall as well and the problems persists. I did download a fresh copy of iCloud, not that it mattered.

Thanks
    I don't know what else to suggest. iCloud for Outlook can be troublesome, but those steps have always led me to a solution.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for all of the help. I just can't figure out what's going on. I just hate microsoft....

Thanks
    Looking over your first post, it seems the problems started when you updated Office.

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling office? I would also uninstall iCloud again before doing that. Then after Office install, install iCloud. And test it wihout making any other changes Not actually sure if there are any changes that would be doing. Are there? ie extra accounts, extra calendars, etc?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hey Vincenzo: No, I updated Office after i found the problem. No one will talk to you if you're not at the current version of Office or Win10 or whatever, so when I was not syncing, I made sure my version was current. I don't have any "complicating" factors that I'm aware of. I have a stand-alone version of Office and it's just me that uses it.

I have a friend who is an IT professional and works on PC's. I may get her to help me reinstall Office. I just don't want to loose my setting, archived emails, appointments, etc. I'm PC savvy, but these kinds of things can be fraught with potential problems. But, you may be right that this is my only option. I may try the woman at Slipstick who will help with Outlook problems for a price, if I can find her info. Do you think that might be a good idea?

Thanks
    Saved and archived items are backed up if you back up all the correct pst files. Settings no, not sure how to back settings up.

And the forum at Slipstick does not charge anything.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Slipstick: They offer some paid services if you're desperate, which I'm getting close to.

https://shop.slipstick.com/services

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Well, well. I found something new.

I was hunting around the web and discovered the Add-ins, so I checked them out on Outlook. Voila. The iCloud Outlook add-in aplzod32.dll is disabled! I enabled it, but then Outlook moved it to the "Inactive Application Add-ins." And I'm wondering why the “32” version is there and not the “64” since I have a “64” bit machine and there is a version called “aplzod6432.dll”?

I signed off of iCloud and back on again, but the problems still persist and the iCloud Outlook Add-in aplzod32 is still labeled inactive (along with Microsoft VBA for Outlook add-in), whatever that means. There are no longer any disabled application add-ins. So how do I enable this add-in, which I'm now assuming is the problem!

iCloud Outlook Add-in Inactive - dll.jpg

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Ok. I found the Com Add-in screen and the icloud one was not checked. I checked it and so far, everything seems perfect. Syncing is a go. Why did Outlook move it out of active status?????

iCloud Outlook Add-in; # 4 - Com Addins screen.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast