Has anyone else encountered this problem?

I have an excel sheet which I save as a web page after editing for publishing on the web.

The method I use is to save it as a web page in the same folder as the source excel file and then copy it to my website via FTP.

The problem I have now is that when I save the sheet as a web page ('republish sheet' without interactivity) it simple fails to do so. The only solution I have been able to come up with is to edit the sheet, save it, copy it to another location, open the copy, save it as a web page, then move that web page back to the original directory overwriting the previous version. I have tried saving the original sheet as a web page using a different name, but that still doesn't work. I don't get an error message, it appears to work, but then when I check the directory there is no new web page saved.